Manga Contest World Manga senbatsu - Manga Kingdom Tosa × Niconico Manga × Comic Walker
- who has held the "Manga Koshien" for 27 years and counting -,
Niconico Manga and ComicWalker!
The World Manga Senbatsu
- Your work should be a 1 page manga (submitted individually)
- Accepting works from all over the world
- Anyone can participate (Only high school students for the high school category)
- The judging panel are all professional manga artists
- The final judging will be held at the 5th National Mangaka Daikaigi, an event opened to the public, in Manga Kingdom Tosa on the 2nd of March.
- WantedB4 size (257mm x 364mm) 1 page manga based on the given theme.Deadline Extentded to November 30, 2018 by 23:59 (JST)
- Judging Procedure for the Preliminary RoundThe judges of this contest will judge the works. 10 works from the High School Category and 5 works from the Open Category will be chosen.Result of the preliminaries
- Judging Procedure for the Final RoundThe works that have passed the preliminaries will be judged again at the 5th National Mangaka Daikaigi in Manga Kingdom Tosa in a public judging by a different set of judges.Result of the Final
Collaboration with Keroro Gunsō (Sgt. Frog)
World Manga Senbatsu is holding a collaboration with Keroro Gunsō (Sgt. Frog) for which 2018 marks the 20th anniversary since its creation!
To start things off, we will be publicly displaying the illustration manga artist Yoshizaki Mine specially drew for this occasion. The serialization of Keroro Gunsō's four-panel manga made for this collaboration will also start.
Keroro and his platoon will try and invade Earth with manga by joining the World Manga Senbatsu. Will they succeed in getting the first prize?
Check out the four-panel manga that will be released every month until March where the finals take place! Let's participate in the contest together with Keroro!
|High School Student Category||Open Category|
|Requirements||The applicant must fulfill the following requirements:||Participation is open to anyone (including high school students)|
|Theme||Please create a manga based on the theme below|
|Please create a manga based on the theme below|
Regarding the ANA plane ticket
|How to apply|
Please be aware that entries that fail to satisfy the below requirements cannot be accepted.
|Application Period||August 5, 2018 (Sunday) to November 30, 2018 (Friday) by 23:59 (JST)|
Judges for the Preliminary Round
- Osawa ShuntaroHe made his debut with "Volatile" (Kodansha Award) in 2003. His most famous works include "Gotakeshi - Jidan-koshonin Shirai Torajiro" (Shueisha).
- Kusaka RikiShe made her debut with "hitotsu chigai no sa-shi-su-se-so" (Shogakukan) in 1980. Her most famous works include "Keirin yaro - Shu to Kazumi no rabu-sutori" (Shogakukan) and "Helpman!!" (pub. Asahi Shimbun)
- Masaki HidehisaHe made his debut with "ganbare postman" (Shogakukan) in 1985. His most famous works include "TOTEMS" (Shogakukan).
- Muraoka MasahiroHe made his debut with "ai rabu mi" in 2000. His most famous works include "Kinkon Tosa Nikki" (Kochi Shimbun).
- Morita MasafumiHe made his debut with "Osama Nikki" (Akita Shoten) in 2011. His most famous works include "Shutsujin ★ Konchu busho Chosokabe!" (Akita Shoten).
Judges for the Final Round
- Tetsuo AokiHe debuted in 1980 with Memories of October (Shogakukan). His most famous works are Running Scarlet, written by Jo Shitsuki (Shueisha), and Chopin’s Incident Record, written by Seiki Kitahara (Shogakukan), among others. As a member of Pokeman Inc., he also participates in activities for the betterment of society through manga.
- Yasuhiro NightowHe debuted in 1994 with Call XXXX (Shueisha).His most famous works are Kekkai Sensen (Shueisha), Trigun (Tokuma Shoten), and Trigun Maximum (Shonen Gahosha) among others.He is also experienced in areas other than manga, such as designing characters for the Gungrave game series and the like.
- Akira HimekawaThey debuted in 1991 with Flames Are Like the Wind’s Name (Shogakukan). Their most famous works are the Legend of Zelda series (Shogakukan) and The Dragon Dreams of Twilight (Kadokawa), among others. They have a great number of children’s books about animals.
- Kosuke FujishimaHe debuted in 1986 with Making Be Free! (Kodansha). His most famous works are You’re Under Arrest and Oh! My Goddess (Kodansha), among others. His work Toppu GP (Kodansha) is currently being serialized. Aside from manga, he is also experienced in designing characters for games such as the Sakura Taisen series and The Tales series.
- Goro YamadaHe debuted in 1972 with The Android Kikaider, written by Shotaro Ishinomori (Shogakukan). He is experienced in turning works of Shotaro Ishinomori, such as Masked Rider, into manga. He is currently working at the Japan Cartoonists Association as a consultant and gives lectures at Edogawa University part-time.